HIRE ME!

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A Little Bit of Everything : Online Job Offers; Legitimate or Not? : Update

My colleague Roger Guisinger sent me research on the first fraud I detected, along with the note, "Glad you asked." I got another one of these today myself (2007Oct31Wed08h01m39sAEDT-4) and from Roger's research I remembered the "Defrawy" or "Al-frawy" (I shouldn't have to get this criminal's name right -- he can't seem to use the same one twice), but I'd forgotten Brian Egelton, the likely-fake signatory to the "too-good-to-be-true offers."

My last spam-scam was particularly stupid because (1) it plunges straight to offer language, which never happens without at least a phone screen, and (2) it was an administrative position with a salary way off the bottom of the scale for a techie like me.

These guys are really evil: I can't think of anything more despicable than choosing those whose greed extends no further that to want to work for a living as a target for fraud, except maybe the exploitation of children -- but when you think about it, anybody who would defraud the honest worker would probably not wince before before stealing candy from a baby -- or robbing the child of something yet more precious.

I'm hoping that this email post will properly attribute the cited post to my fellow Blogger blogger.

Blog: A Little Bit of Everything
Post: Online Job Offers; Legitimate or Not? : Update
Link: http://read2educ84life.blogspot.com/2007/08/update-online-job-offers-legitimate-or.html

--
Powered by Blogger
http://www.blogger.com/

No comments: