HIRE ME!

Monday, January 10, 2011

You Might Want To Read This via @Karen Long

A friend posted this on another site. Normally I don't care so much about privacy issues, but this one I took the time to remove myself from.

There's a site called spokeo.com that's a new online USA phone book w/personal information: everything from pics you've posted on FB or web, your approx credit score, home value, income, age. Remove yourself by searching your name, find the URL of your page, then go to the bottom right corner of the page and click on the Privacy button to remove yourself. Copy & re-post so your FB friends are aware.

I went to check this out. This is the real deal. I removed my two main email accounts. Its scary. My main account showed a birds eye view of my house. This is an open blog. Share this with your friends. You need to know.
To remove your self.
1.Go to the website. www.spokeo.com
2.Type in your email address.
3. Copy the URL at the top of the page.
4. Scroll to the bottom and hit privacy.
5. Paste the URL you just copied into the box and type in the security code.
6. It will give you instructios to go to your email to complete removal. YOU MUST DO THIS!!!

Once you have clicked to finish removal your email will be removed from the site as well as your personal information. If you have more than one email you had better do them all.

More info - http://ping.fm/NjjUh

No comments: