HIRE ME!

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Digg Story: Another Loss For GPLv 3? Is the Free Software Concept being murdered?

Let's try it this way: I've been tearing my hair out trying to figure out what interface is going to work to post from digg.com to the new Google Blogger Blog. I hope more Internet companies achieve viability soon. I may have trouble pronouncing the problems I'm having, let alone solving them. Now I'll have to go back to my email to see whether I can find the message I got when I asked whether anyone had a new status on the changes necessary to make a post from digg.com to the Google Blogger Blog. That's enough for today.

digg user ecordell would like to share this story with you:

http://digg.com/software/Another_Loss_For_GPLv_3_Is_the_Free_Software_Concept_being_murdered

---
"Another Loss For GPLv 3? Is the Free Software Concept being murdered?"
MySQL adjusts its license to prevent automatic failover to GPL v3. Call it the 'uncertainty' clause. This doesn't even look legal to me: How is it possible to take a product that has enjoyed the contribution of innumerable collaborators and then sell their work as though it were your exclusive property? MySQL was originally a teaching exercise.
+4 people dugg this story


To verify that this email was sent by Digg user ecordell, visit:
http://digg.com/verifymail?key=851b42e7f6b2ce23001a71d9df3d4ff6

To opt out of ALL future emails from Digg, visit:
http://digg.com/optout?key=8b2568e65a33058057643aac20e1826e

Digg will NOT store your email address, even if you opt out!
Digg will store only an encrypted key, which even Digg can't decipher.

No comments: